Hangin' with Bags


Monday, July 30, 2007

"Bagley Boy Gene" lives on

Yep. It's a boy. My poor wife. She's excited...don't get me wrong. We both felt it was gonna be a girl and she knows with my dad's side of the family as it is, the chances of us actually having a girl are very slim. And slim indeed. The baby was moving around like crazy, kicking and punching the entire ultra sound and made it very difficult to get a good shot of, well, what we needed to see. At the end of the ultra sound, we got a good shot, and we're DEFINITELY having a boy.
Now that we know it's a boy, we're quite happy. Now when we do have a girl, dad and I won't have to take on the entire responsibility of scaring off her dates. She'll have an older brother to help us out and add to the intimidation factor!
My dad, me and my brothers wouldn't even know what to do with a girl. Raising a girl doesn't, or at least hasn't existed in our worlds. My poor mom. I know she really wanted a girl and never got one. At least she didn't force her desires of having a girl on my brothers and me and by doing so, turning us gay!!! Ha ha ha....lol. So I'm hoping for a girl eventually so she can at least have a grand daughter.
That's a ways down the road....at least for now!

5 comments:

Valerie said...

congrats!! totally cool, whether girl or a boy - both rock!! lucky you!

Doug Bagley said...

Hey, elder son, you didn't mention my grandson's name. Do I dare or do you not want to give that info. out? I will let this much out of the bag, his middle name is my given name. Thanks, I am very honored and excited!

Doug Bagley said...

Oh, and to you and my beautiful daughter-in-law, "love your guts"
Dad

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the good news! Once you decide that you want a girl, purchase the book, "How to Determine the Sex of your Baby". Was great and worked for us!!

doodlebugmom said...

Congratualtions!