Hangin' with Bags


Saturday, October 20, 2007

MADD as heck

Last Sunday night on our way home from our weekly dinner appointment with grandma and grandpa, wifey and I were on our way home when a car pulled out in front of us and took off. My famliy got there soon after and found the car before Florida Highway patrol could. He ran to "mommy's" house and she protected him; even after my brother told her my wife is 8 months pregnant. No remorse, no apology, no regard for anyone but themselves. Did I mention he was drunk?? Real responsible, right?
I can't expound on this issue as I wish I could due to a pending lawsuit. Fortunately for us, Baby J appears to be okay. Wifey and I are feeling the pains from such an ordeal. I'm not an emotional crier, but at the scene, sunday night in the hospital and Monday in the hospital, it was all I could do to hold back my tears wondering if I was going to lose my 1st born child before he was even born. It took me about 3 nights afterwards for my nerves to calm down and to be able to get a good nights sleep.
MADD doesn't stand for "Mother's Advocating Drunk Driving", the correct word is AGAINST....someone should tell the before mentioned mom that.

3 comments:

Doug Bagley said...

Well said, big guy. I don't know what I would've done if anything had happened to you, my sweet daughter-in-law, and little J. God was watching out for y'all and truly thank him.
If it's all right with you, I'll write the funny side, and yes there is one, of the incident.

Love your guts,
Pops

Anonymous said...

Wow, so glad that everyone is ok! I just don't understand drunk driving! It just infuriates me!

Can't wait to see pictures of that beautiful baby once arrived!

Again, glad everyone is fine!

Jacquie

Mike & Sarahlyn said...

thanks to both, and yes, dad, do what you do best!! Make people laugh. There is humor somewhere in this situation, it's just taking me a while to find it!!