Hangin' with Bags


Sunday, June 17, 2007

Dad's Condition (part 1 of ?)

So as promised I told you I'd update you on dad's condition. I was at a read through last night for a film we're shooting this week when I got a phone call from my brother letting me know he was taking dad to the very emergency room hospital in which he (my brother) works.
I arrived shortly after and watch dad, with morphine in him, be a complete smart "a" to the nurse....trying to be funny. It was pretty comical but I know how my dad gets on morphine. You thinks he's funny "sober"?? You should see him drugged up. Anyways, he had to drink this nasty liquid that looked like someone else's urine sample the nurse brought in to share with dad! 2 full cups in preparation for the cat scan. The results came in several hours later that he, once again has an obtructed bowel. So, he's spending his Father's Day in the hospital, which won't be too entirely bad since he won't remember anything anyways!
Stay tuned for continual updates on dad's condition for the next week or so until he gets released from the hospital.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eldest Son,
Please let your dad know I am so greatful for him calling me today to tell me he was in the hospital. I hope the morphine helps. He was sounding like it might start when he called. I will keep him in my prayers. Tell him that Walley Gator says hi.
Thanks!

Valerie said...

oy! hey - thanks for letting your dad's fans know how he's doing. let him know we're pulling for him!

and congrats on the upcoming fatherhood!

L said...

Yikes! Sorry to hear about your Dad, but he'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure he will keep the nurses laughing until he can get back home and post again.

Oh and Happy Father's Day to you both!

Susie Q said...

He is many prayers and thoughts tonight!

Oh! Congrats on the upcoming daddyhood gig! There is nothing like parenthood. Really! WE have two and we would not know what to do without them...seriously!! *grin*

Hugs to you and your Dad.
Sue

Renae said...

Not a very nice way to spend fathers day, is it. Tell your dad blogger buddy Renae says get well soon.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting us all know about your dad! I just recently began reading your dad's blog and I find him extremely funny! I'm pulling for him to get through this with the least amount of discomfort and the fastest recovery ever!

Congratulations to you and your wife on the upcoming parenthood. It's a great 'hood' to be in!

Happy Belated Father's Day to you and your dad.

His faithful reader ...

Jacquie